Are you Ready?
For 20 years, the Volkswagen Golf R has been an icon. Now it's back in its fifth generation, but it’s not alone...
1st Edition Models
First in, best dressed. Get in quick – these special edition models simply will not last.
Ready for more?
1st Edition Models
First in, best dressed
Get in quick – these special edition models simply will not last.
Over and above the exceptional standard specification, the 1st edition models of Golf R and Tiguan R include a special selection of additional features. Feel the wind in your hair with the added panoramic sunroof, or tune in to the Harman Kardon premium sound system.
If you’re lucky enough to secure a Golf R 1st Edition, there are two additional drive modes that will really get your blood pumping. Choose from “Drift” and “Special – Nürburgring” for the ultimate R experience.
*Stock is strictly limited numbers only.
Ready for precision at every turn?
Handle every road like a racetrack with a new first from Volkswagen; 4MOTION with R-Performance Torque Vectoring. This all-wheel-drive technology distributes drive not just between the front and rear axles, but also variably between the two rear wheels. Delivering 100% of the possible torque to the wheel on the outside of the bend, it enables an exhilarating drive with maximum grip and stability.
Exclusive to Golf R 1st Edition, “Drift” profile is a party trick you just need to experience.
The “Drift” profile selection distributes 100% of the rear torque to one wheel for optimal driving dynamics away from public roads. This feature opens up a whole new level of driving dynamics and further exploits the potential of torque vectoring by provoking oversteer instead of neutral vehicle handling.
Golf R. A drive like no other
Tiguan R. Power you need to experience
See what the rest of the world has to say
The Volkswagen R range is slowly establishing itself within the hot-bed of international motoring journalists. Check out the recent reviews of Golf R and Tiguan R to see what all the fuss is about.
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 3. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 4. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 5. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 6. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 7. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 8. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather