The Polo GTI. Three letters that make a difference.
These days, these three letters don’t need explaining to anyone. GTI means fun, pure and simple. And in this case, GTI means big car perfomance in a small car package. The Polo GTI.Book a Test Drive
The Polo GT = style and performance in one
Iconic GTI design
Surround yourself in the feel of the GTI that continues in the vehicle interior, including decorative stitching on the steering wheel and floor mats, as well as the checked "Clark" seat covers.
After all, you want to see well and look good
ighting the way, in more ways than one: the LED headlights with cornering lighting and the fog lights look good at the same time as increasing good visibility.
A multitude of features to keep you moving
Whether it's the range of safety and assistance programmes or the sports suspension with driving profile selections, the Polo GTI is sure to please.
The 200 most important reasons why you need a Polo GTI
With a huge 147 kW, the engine proudly hits the 200 HP mark. That’s enough to accelerate the compact athlete from 0 to 100 in 6.7 seconds. What's more, the TSI engine achieves an unprecedented level of tractive power, even at low engine speeds. Driving doesn’t get more fun than this – and we haven't even come to the XDS differential lock yet.
XDS Differential Lock
Do you love driving round corners? Your Polo GTI does, too
The standard XDS electronic differential lock reduces the vehicle's tendency to understeer. Now nothing gets in the way of a sporty approach to cornering.
Driving porfile selection
The Polo GTI adapts to your driving style
The driving profile selection function allows you to adjust to your driving style. Dynamic for every journey, if you're feeling sporty, simply select the driving profile with the press of a button. Experience your steering response and even the gear-shift points adjust automatically. Whatever your mood, you set the tone with a range of driving styles.
- Eco: For fuel-efficient driving
- Normal: For normal driving comfort
- Sport: For a sporty driving experience
- Individual: For individual settings
Start-stop system with brake energy recuperation
Slow down on the spending
The start-stop system saves fuel by switching off the engine when the vehicle is stationary. Like when it’s at a red traffic light. All you have to do is take your foot off the clutch. When the lights go green, engage the clutch again and the engine will start back up. Just as simple and efficient: brake energy recuperation. This function uses an alternator to generate energy when you apply the brake or coast. This energy is then stored in the battery.
Features & Design
A GTI can be recognised from afar - thanks to its characteristic GTI features, combined with its progressive design. The latter includes the red trim, honeycomb-shaped ventilation grille, red brake calipers and dynamic alloy wheels.
With a look to match its performance
You won’t need to tell anyone that you’re driving a Polo GTI. They’ll already know just from looking at its red trim strips, the hallmark honeycomb ventilation grille, red brake calipers and the striking sporty wheels.
And when they climb aboard they’ll know for sure thanks to the GTI-inspired interior design with un-mistakeable check-pattern seats.
A true highlight
The expressive LED headlights with a design that incorporates the hallmark red GTI line.
And anyone who sees the Polo GTI from behind (a scenario that is pretty likely) will love the standard dark red LED tail light clusters.
Dynamic, even when they aren’t moving
Striking and confident: the standard 17-inch “Milton Keynes” wheels.
Or perhaps you’d prefer the next size up? The sporty and bold design of the optional 18-inch “Brescia” alloy wheels leave plenty of space for a unique highlight: the red brake calipers.
Infotainment & Connectivity
8" Infotainment System
Easy to read and easy to operate. Besides looking great, the sleek glass display helps make the information more prominent, keeping you connected and informed.
Hear the sound. See the road.
With the 8" Discover Media Satellite Navigation you can stay on track and be entertained en route to your destination.
Easy to read and easy to operate. Besides looking great, the sleek glass display helps make the map more prominent, while dynamic route guidance assists you with turn by turn information.
Active Info Display
Your custom-made driver display
Only want to see the speedometer and mileage display when you drive? Or more Driving Data? Or the navigation map? Or the title of the song you're listening to? Or more than one of these options?
It’s literally in your hands: with the multi-function steering wheel, it’s easy to configure your high-resolution optional Active Info Display* yourself. Exactly the way you like it.
- 10.25 in TFT-LCD colour display
- Choose and customise your view from navigation, driver assistance and vehicle status at your fingertips.
Use your apps in your Volkswagen as well
The apps from your phone in your car
Access your smartphone’s screen, selected apps, maps, and music through App-Connect on your car's touchscreen. You can do this thanks to three innovative technologies: Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink® interfaces. The App-Connect allows you to conveniently use selected apps and content right in your Volkswagen, that is easier than ever.
Front Assist with City Emergency Braking
A moment of shock? Not in your Polo
The standard Front Assist with city emergency braking can warn you in the event of critical situations, support you with braking or even automatically apply the brake in an emergency.
Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Traffic Alert
Your Polo can look over your shoulder for you The Blind Spot Monitor warns you
The Blind Spot Monitor warns you about vehicles in your blind spot using an LED indicator in the exterior mirror.1 And if you still attempt to change lanes despite the warning, it starts to flash to attract more attention. The integrated Rear Traffic Alert warn you if any vehicles start to approach when you are reversing out of a parking space. If you fail to respond to its warning, the system can "prevent" a collision by applying the brake.
Rear View Camera
A forward-looking way to reverse
The “Rear View” camera enables you to keep an eye on your surroundings when reversing: the area behind the vehicle covered by the camera is displayed on the display of your Infotainment system. “Rear View” also superimposes guidelines onto the image, which can help you to judge the distance correctly.
The Polo GTI Variants
Features of Polo GTI
- 17" Milton Keynes Alloy Wheels
- GTI Package includes exclusive GTI interior and exterior features
- 8" Discover Media Satellite Navigation system
- KESSY: Smart key, keyless entry and push button start
- Sports suspension with driving profile selection
Disclaimer by Volkswagen
- 1. The information provided on the Volkswagen New Zealand website is for information purposes only
- 2. A Volkswagen New Zealand reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers *Prices are shown in New Zealand dollars, include GST and exclude on road costs
- 3. Weekly finance price is subject to change due to interest rates*. Please see the full terms and conditions for Volkswagen Finance for more information. www.volkswagen.co.nz/finance
- 4. Fuel consumption is based on the combined fuel consumption figure
- 5. International models might be shown for illustrative purposes only, and New Zealand specifications may vary
- 6. Some colours in these images are not available in New Zealand, the product guide contains the correct colours available to the New Zealand market
- 7. Additional and optional accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional accessories and add-on packages are available at an additional cost
- 8. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately)
- 9. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices
- 10. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather